




OK, I know I am in trouble for not getting these up yesterday, but it was just not going to happen! It was quite a busy day to say the least! It was the happy beginning of the end of this process for Emily Belle and her family! Jill and I finally got into bed at bout 1:00am after a pretty scary wait outside the airport in Guatemala City. Our plane arrived about 45 minutes late, we missed the regular shuttle to the Westin, and had to wait out among the crowd of people in a big alley way. Lots of yelling, very sad begging, loud horns honking, shoulder to shoulder people, lots of kids selling things, kids who should have been in bed. You name it, we saw it, and we were not feeling so safe I might add. It took about another 45 minutes after we got out there to get the real shuttle bus to our hotel. Now we had tons of offers for rides and 'taxies' so to speak, and as tired as I was, it was tempting, but I knew better. (It would make Leslie mad if he had to go searching for me in Guatemala!) So we endured, and survived the wait, made the short ride in, and fell into bed for only about 5 hours. Then, up and going again to get down stairs and meet the guest of honor in the lobby promptly at 10:00am. We went to breakfast with the Webster family and the lovely Anna Rose, then headed over to the lobby to see Emily Belle's entourage arrive right on time! And she was beautiful, still! SO SWEET! She stayed on her foster moms arms for about 5 minutes and didn't seem to remember me at all. I just waited beside her until she seemed interested in a familiar toy. I brought her very favorite one from out visit in July, a little elephant that she loved. Pretty soon, she came right to me ad it felt so good to hold her again. She's much bigger now and walks everywhere, but she still is my Emily Belle. She never cried or tried to return to her foster moms arms. Although she seemed a bit in shock over all the activity, she sat quietly in my lap as we went over the necessary documents and events of the next few days. I gave her foster mom a sincere hug and told her how blessed we were to have someone love our daughter so much for this important first year of her life. I asked her how she was doing with her feelings of loosing this baby from her daily life. She seemed a bit sad, but totally accepting of the bright future Miss EBE will have. She has been an angel for Emily Belle. My emotions were overwhelmed, and there were tears of relief to have her in my arms for ever now. I can't write on about it, because there are no words to even describe how glad I was to be in Guatemala City, at the Westin Hotel, on this particular morning, and for this special reason. No words at all, just joy! just happiness! just relief!

6 comments:
She is so precious and sweet. I love her!
FINALLY!!! Oh, Betsy & Jill- she is just beautiful!!! What a sweet, precious face! Truly an angel!
Congratulations!
Love, Shana :)
YEAH!!! Finally Pictures!!! She is even Sweeter and prettier than I remember! You look so happy Mommy!! I am glad she is adjusting well! Have a fun trip and come home soon!
Jolene
Do you think I used enough exclamation points?
My words exactly... FINALLY! So glad to see that precious face and that all is well!!!
Happy Gotcha Day to you my dear friend and your preious daughter Emily Belle. I know that you have waited far to long for this day and I am so overcome with emotion that your dreams have finally come true. Enjoy every minute with your angel, singing and dancing and lots and lots of giggling !
God Bless-
Julie
Congratulations, Betsy. I know you have waited so long for this very special day. I am so happy for you.
Post a Comment