




Just before I left for Guatemala to pick up Emily Belle, my mom came up and helped me create a nursery for this baby that I honestly thought would never come. I had just not let myself make a place for her due to the loss of two other little girls with this agency last year. (We prepared for both of them with fully furnished rooms and clothes, and shoes, and bows! - and they did not come! Jennifer, nor my sweet little Maria Fernanda ever arrived. We did all we could, followed the rules and protocol, but sadly were allegedly given misinformation on both of their cases through out the year, and the reality for at least one of them now, is life in an orphanage, and for us the loss of two lifetimes of smiles and laughs. We still love them both and will never, ever stop praying for them or checking on them as best we can.) So, that is why the rush was on with only a few days left to fix a nursery for Emily Belle. I had to KNOW she was coming home. SO, I made a phone call, it was Mimi and Da to the rescue! I think she was an interior designer in her other life. She is good. She can take a room of nothing and make a beautiful nursery fit for a princess. We made the usual run to Babies R Us and with in a few hours the entire room was beautiful. It was ready and waiting for Miss Emily Belle to arrive and move in. We have added some more cute girl touches since these pics were taken, but you get the idea. She likes her room and all her toys and baby dolls. She is really in to the high tech stuff that requires her to know which button to push. We have a lot of Leapfrog and Vetech, but her favorite two things are one soft bunny and one silver rattle. Both are plain and no frills, but she loves them the most! She is sleeping in her cushy crib pretty well, although, she does wake up several times a night. We have a little deal, she and me, and it is...NO MATTER WHAT, mom needs to sleep, so when she gets up, we get dry and full, and then we snuggle in for MORE SLEEP! so far this is working!!
more later..."Thank you Mama...for making this happen for Emily Belle! Thank you for coming up, working all week-end, and then coming right back again to keep my children so I could go to Guatemala!! Thank you for knowing how much I needed you and for doing what IT IS that you do, so well!! I love you, Betsy"

1 comment:
Let Hannah know how much I absolutely love that long gorgeous hair!
And EBE's room looks cozy! :) Good job Mimi.
Post a Comment