

Well, so far today has been a bit of a sad day! Our beloved yellow lab Chrissy has departed this earth in a most peaceful way with her biggest fan, Leslie at her side assuring her that all will be OK and that she will not be in pain and feel what had become a miserable existence much longer. We had to have our vet put her to sleep this morning, and it was not an easy drive to his office. Her huge black eyes just looking up at me while she softly moaned for some sort of help with her pain. She came to live with us 12 years ago this week and we have loved her so much and hate loosing her even more. She was THE BEST DOG EVER! She was totally trustworthy around all children and other animals. She only bit one person in her entire life and he was a terrible person and she knew it as his hand reached over her fence and into our yard, she defended our children! We can never replace her in our hearts and we are thankful for everyday that she was our beloved Chrissy girl. Her AKC registration paper reads "Burt's Christmas Day", and that was a very happy Christmas for our Burton when he found a little yellow pup in a box under his tree 12 years ago. Funny how Burt is gone this Christmas and now so is his Chrissy girl. "Rest in Peace - Chrissy and thank you for being such a good dog, thank you for not holding it against me on the days I didn't find time to come out and pet you, thank you for ALWAYS loving and welcoming my hand on your fur the days that I did remember the important things in life, I'll never find another one like you girl! If you do have a pet, go play with it and let it know how much you love it, I am thankful we got to do that for Chrissy! I'll probably post some puppy pics later when I can quit crying long enough to look for them.

4 comments:
Gosh Betsy, I wasn't looking to cry today,but I did after reading this. I will say an extra prayer for you guys tonight. It is always sad losing a beloved pet.
Scott Webster
Thank you Scott! Today is a better day. Hope yall are great!
I'll call soon, Betsy
I'm so sorry about your dog. I know what you mean about them being great friends, they are!! We have a 13 year old Golden Retriever that is getting bad. It makes me sad. I have told my big kids they better tell her good bye when they go back to Florida and Tennessee.
I have a lump in my throat just thinking about it.
Have a merry Christmas!
Debbie Wankel
I know how painfully difficult it is to lose a beloved pet... Sending you lots of hugs !
God Bless-
Julie
Post a Comment