Thursday, May 1, 2008

'Happy Birthday Grandmother'




Photos of my grandmother with my mom, (also) Elizabeth, my Aunt Sallie, and my sister, Jan ~ and the view from her Bay house (Wish, so much I was there y'all)

Happy Birthday to my Grandmother, Elizabeth, today! She is 91 years old and doing just wonderful. She has survived quite a lot in her lifetime, and calls her self a 'Gypsy Bird'. She loves anything 'Nature' and lived right on Mobile Bay for 54 years. Her most favorite thing in the world is to travel, and that she has done. She has been all over the world (her favorite place is Alaska), and would go again today if there was a ticket with her name on it. The mode of travel matters not to her, plane, train, automobile, river boat, or a ferry...she's on board if it will take her some place new. Her other passion is birding, any time, any place, if there is a little bird there, she knows it! Hummingbirds are the 'cats meow' for her, she is an expert on those tiny things. She has been a great contributor to the National Audubon Society. She was saved in 1945 (in Miss Planks Bible class), she loves the Lord, and has been faithful in her church for over 63 years. She loves children, and taught beginners Sunday school for over 40 years. Her passion for children and learning carried her through a long career as a teacher with a Masters in Education. When I asked her how many years she taught school, she said, "Oh, at least a hundred". lol... She did get to travel down on the Florida Gulf Coast for a really nice luncheon with family members there.(I can only hope that I have her good genes and got her strength, wisdom, and longevity...the women in our family are from 'strong stock' you know!)
"So glad you got to go have fun today Grandmother!", "I love you"
Betsy

2 comments:

Mama Bunny said...

Happy birthday to your sweet Grandmother, Betsy! :)

Debbie said...

oh how sweet, I don't have any grandparents left and I miss them!!

Debbie