Thursday, July 3, 2008

Glad to see a few things today

I have taken a blog break, and now I think I will be ready to post some pics of my sweet kiddo's again soon. But, for today... I am going to post a couple of GOOD things to see happening in the world! Here is the first one - Always glad to see justice done... I swear I think the Guatemalan government has a better idea of what child trafficking is than our own government!!

Doctor captured with ties to illegal adoptions

Link: http://www.prensalibre.com/pl/2008/julio/03/248384.html

The doctor Cesar Juarez Ernesto Manzo was sent to prison for the crimes of trafficking, conspiracy and false ideology, for his involvement in cases of illegal adoptions.

Juarez, a native of San Juan Sacatepéquez, is allegedly linked with the abnormal adoptions of Rosalinda Rivera, sister of deputy Gudy Rivera of the Patriot Party.

Alex Colop, prosecutor against Trafficking in Persons, explained that the Seventh Court of First Instance Criminal ordered custody because it was determined that it focuses on issuing birth certificates to children who had not been born there.

Police said that Juarez took advantage from his post in the Health Center of that municipality, and could be linked to at least 10 cases.

Juarez said he does not know Rivera.

No comments: