I had the privilege of being the one who's face was so softly touched by these little hands with the words 'Mama, Mama...'' in the very early hours of this morning. Oh do I need more sleep, and need to sleep all night. But, whose complaining? Not me, not really. I would stay up for the next 400 years if it meant that I was the one who got to comfort this little princessa back to sleep at 4:08 this morning! As I laid there listening to the sounds of our Sleep Sheep, and trying to act like I was sleeping so she'd get the message and be still, I couldn't help but let my thoughts wonder to points south, all the way to Guatemala. I wondered if there was another mom lying awake and wondering about the tiny girl she gave birth to, then kissed goodbye, on this very day, two years ago. Was she possibly thinking about her baby, praying she is well and happy? Was she wondering what she looks like now, or wondering about me? Does she know how much I love this child!? Does she long to hold her again and be in awe of her baby, as all mothers are? I said prayers for her, and hope God brings her peace today. She knows it is her baby's 2nd birthday. I hope she can somehow feel the joy in my heart today. I'm sending my love to her ~ early this morning, as she is on my mind.
Although I've never met this remarkable woman named Juana, I feel as if I know her, at least a little. Everyday I hold this child close, I hold little part of her. I see her bright eyes and big smile on this beautiful face. I see her heart of gold, that must be full of love and child like trust for all of humanity. I hope to meet Juana someday, and I know I'll recognize her strength, and independence, and will love her sensitivity. I bet she's funny, and laughs a lot when she can! My heart breaks for her struggles there in Guatemala. I hope and pray she has all that she needs each day. I know she must be a survivor! We will forever be connected by this one, special child. My world is now filled with bits of Guatemala, and this wonderful little person. For that, I am SO thankful!! I am honored to be the one to love this child, along with her other mother. She is a blessed, blessed little girl, that's for sure!
Happy Birthday my sweet Emily Belle! You are a darling 2 year old, and I am truly happy to be your mama now, and forever! Your daddy and I love, love you sweet girl.
If you read this blog, you know how I feel about Guatemala. Part of my heart is still there now, and I need to go back to soak up more of this beautiful and unique country. I want to further immerse myself in Emily's amazing culture. I hope there will be a birthday in the future when we can be in Guatemala and meet the woman who showed the most incredible love to her baby girl, and allowed this dream to come true for our family.

4 comments:
Happy Birthday, sweet Emily Belle!
Love always,
Mrs Ashley & Madeline
Happy 2nd Birthday Emily Belle and may you soon make mamma happy too by doing one & two where it's suppose to go.
Long Lost Friend Found in Destin
Happy Birthday Emily Belle!
May God give you extra special blessings on this wondeful day!
Love, Deena & Elsa
What a sweet post!! Happy birthday Emily Belle!!!
Debbie
Post a Comment