
So,.. we are about to check out in Target this weekend,... and who do we see but the very beautiful and talented Taylor Swift! (She was recently nominated for the female vocalist of the year at the CMA Awards, and is one of country music's brightest stars.) We see great talent quite often in our area,...but NONE compare to Taylor Swift in the 'world of Hannah !!!! She LOVES, LOVES Taylor Swift! She has all her songs on her i-pod and watches her videos everyday, not missing a single word in a single song. I'll have to admit, I sing along. She's great to harmonize with.
Anyway, Jill has met her before, (Burt to,) so Jill takes Hannah over to say 'hello'. Taylor is tall and poised in person. She is stunning. She has a quiet and gentle spirit about her. She was VERY nice to Hannah. It honestly made me cry. She didn't have to even pay attention to a 'star struck tween' (Hannah turned 12yrs old last week,) and she certainly didn't have to take time for a picture, but she did. And, she did with such kindness and grace. Taylor's mom was also very nice, smiling so big as Hannah's face lit up with shear delight. I am sure Taylor didn't even know this tiny girl from Korea can't hear all of her music because her ears just don't work like ours do. (Most of you probably know, Hannah is deaf.) But, she took time to make this chance meeting into a dreamy memory for my sweet girl, and I really appreciated her sweet nature. She is a wonderful role model for young girls and lives what she sings. I am also proud of Jill for making this happen for making this happen for Hannah. So many times we see music stars here, and we usually never even notice them. After all, they deserve to shop or get their gas, or sit in church...in peace. But this time, we just had to let Hannah meet the singer she dreams about, and I am so glad we did. I don't think she'll ever forget the day she got to hug Taylor Swift, her most favorite musician ...ever!
edit: because some have asked - Hannah has a small amount of low frequency hearing in one ear only. That is how she enjoys music. It is not the full experience someone with normal range in both ears would have, but it is one of HER greatest joys!

5 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! HANNAH IS SOOO LUCKY I AM VERY HAPPY FOR U HANNAH:)
YES TAYLOR IS BEAUTIFUL AND I LLLOOOVVVEEE HER SONGS. WELL HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!!
LOVE
katie
Aww Betsy, this has tears in my eyes thinking of Sweet Hanny meeting Taylor Swift (even if I don't know who she is. Sorry Taylor).
xoxo
THAT IS SO MUCH FUN!!!! She is so beautiful!!! What a great memory!
omg i luv taylor swift she is such a good singer! by the way im one of katie bays friends
omg i luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv taylor swift i have both cds and all of her songs on my ipod i especially luv lovestory well bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment