Friday, June 4, 2010

Another Try... June 4th, 2010

It has been a long time since my last attempts to keep my blog updated. I started this blog for my children to have a place to go for memories, pics, and mom's thoughts,...(and her occasional, strong opinion). But time is never the friend of a mother 8, and I think my ideas to keep this blog current were far from my reality.

I do realize that I have said this before, and tried to get back in the habit of posting, with out success.  All I can do is try it again. To quote my sweet friend Ashley,...'my kids are growing up as j.pegs', and I need to do something about it. Only the user of this lap top can see how beautiful they are and watch them grow through pictures. So, once again, I will give an honest try to sharing them with friends and family.

 I will try to keep documenting their lives as they all so quickly grow away from me. I am not sure how to 'back-track' on so much time missed. Pictures were taken, but never posted, never printed either... so I will spend some time posting on past days of fun, birthdays, holidays, and milestones... and see how that goes. I am worried that my lack of time and interest in the laptop are going to spoil this,... as a lot has changed for me over the past 18 months.

Fitness and friendships feel more important than they use to.  Some of my passions are focused in new directions as I have seen a need for change in adoption laws world wide.  I have been blessed with the 'gift' of reconnecting with my past in such a wonderful way.  My values have been adjusted by the reality of life, and I have learned that even moments are treasures we can never get back.  I do some of the cooking now, but the kids still get worried when they see me in the kitchen. And I have embraced peace, making it a daily requirement.  My future is only tomorrow, and gratitude and grace are a 'must'.  Living day by day is easier, and my faith reminds me that the rest is in God's hands. These changes are healing in a strange sort of way. Leslie and the kids are getting use to the a new path in my journey.

My sweet friend Ashley, who is a wonderful photographer! took some pictures of my family while she was visiting a few weeks ago.  It's rare that my kids are all together, and she will never know what a treasure these pictures are to me. Even the ones with crazy expressions that no one would post, are gems to me! Every mother thinks her children are beautiful, but Ashley made my children look absolutely beautiful ~ and yes, that is my 'strong opinion'!!
Thank you 'Miss Ashley', thank you so much for my pictures!


betsy

No comments: