Lost my domain name in July. Finally, got betsyleslie.com back! So, I'll try to start posting again, but have missed SO much, that I am slightly overwhelmed (again) as to even 'how' to catch up on this blog. But I've got to try, for the sake of my 'precious children'. I know, my kids are growing up as j-pegs! And, a new header is due on this blog. So next month, we'll snap another 'forced family fun - photo', and try to update that.
We've had a lot going on,... fun days, wonderful visits from family and close friends, a great trip to Florida that we wish could have lasted all year, school in a new way for this family, another one moving, and some happy birthdays....so, I will make a strong attempt to get these events documented.
Also,... I am afraid that Leslie, my weekend carpenter with good intentions, is working his magic in my house once again,...this time, it's the kitchen, (yes, again). Our family needs this sort of new, slightly different space to enjoy Leslie's cooking! It's going to be SO nice!! I can't wait until the pain of getting this done is over! pics on here asap ~ (he's done a great job! thank you Leslie, thank you, thank you for my New Veniciano, I LOVE stone!)
I have had some personal events that are still weighing in on my days, still so close to my heart! The loss of my sweet friend Kent Hatchett, which was just so sad for me, has been hard. I learned so much from him every single day over the last few years, and was blessed by the gift of his friendship. I created a blog for him, and will take time over the next year to post some of the things he entrusted me with, and told me he wanted shared when he was no longer with us. I'll post some thoughts of my own, and some music and pics he loved, for those who want to remember his smiling face.
And, on a good note, the finish of an important book at Beacon Press, by Erin Siegal, in regards to adoption corruption. For the sake of all three of the little girls I love in Guatemala, (Jennifer, Maria Fernanda, and little Ana Cristina,) I am so glad this book has been written! This important book exposes some of the adoption corruption issues that I am passionate about. I hope this book will bring justice and healing for those involved, and accountability for those who chose to conduct the business of adoption in such an unethical, and damaging way. I will continue to advocate for changes that protect children with no voice or choice in those who handle their futures! I am SO happy to know Erin Siegal, and so proud of her hard work as an investigative journalist! Info on the book can be found on Finding Fernanda.
As usual, time and my lack of organization, are my biggest challenges to manage. But, betsy~time is a must for a healthy, happy me,... so, hopefully, some things, like back to working out, and back to this blog, will get done now that my break is over for a while. And, for some reason this year, I am actually looking forward to the holidays! very unusual for me! So, I'll try to just work backwards,... maybe everyday, as I find time to post~ starting now ~
.... it's October 2010, and Jillian went to a Halloween party as a 'geek' school girl, and I'll have to say, she looked the part when she left here. I think she had fun! Jill can have fun anywhere!
love my Jilly~
Monday, October 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment