Friday, October 19, 2007

Love those Fed Ex numbers!! We're getting closer!!

Well, the good news for this week is that we are now the proud owners of a Fed Ex # attached to Emily Belle's DNA sample and it is headed back to Guatemala as I write this! It will be there tonight and should be processed by the US Embassy the first part of next week. Once that is done, they will issue her PINK...the thing all parents adopting from Guatemala covet. The PINK is an appointmet at the US Embassy in Guatemala City and it is one of the last steps in this long process for this little girl to be able to come home to her forever family...finally! We hope to have some news and possibly a travel date sometime next week. I am praying that even now, God is preparing and protecting her little heart and spirit. How could she know right now, as she is probably playing on the floor or taking a late nap, that her world is going to be rocked in such a big way, just a short time from now. All that she knows, all that she loves, all that is comfortable to her and familiar is going to change. Her entire life is about to change, and she doesn't even know it. The person she loves and depends on more than anyone else, her foster mom, is going to suddenly be gone, just there one day and gone the next! The day I get there, this kind, loving woman will have to hand me this baby, forever. I am also praying for this foster mom. I don't even know her name, but I hope she will be able to let this baby girl go from her arms to mine with peace in her heart and a calmness that only God can give her. I know she saw how happy I was to meet Emily Belle, and I could so easily see how well she cared for Emily Belle, and how humble this woman was. She didn't seem comfortable with my praises and gratitude towards her. She'll never know how thankful we really are for keeping our baby safe, and well, and so,so loved. So this week end will be filled with packing and paperwork! There are tons of documents that need to be filled out, or located, or coppied, or notorized...tons of details yet, to take care of. I will post here as soon as I know when she will be ours forever...we hope to travel sometime in the next two weeks! Thanks again for your prayers and cares for Emily Belle!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hurray! You're moving right along!!! Emily Belle is going to LOVE her new family!!!! PINK PINK PINK!!! Let's hear there's PINK :)

Carrigan Family said...

Sounds so good - Betsy - it was so good to see you and your beautiful girls at Target!! I WILL be calling to plan a time for some jumping. I want to just visit with you sometime very soon - I love you sweet friend!!
Lee - if you read this - I have asked for your new address and have not recieved it yet - would you send it to me please :).

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Praying God is taking this time to prepare Miss Emily Belle's heart... her mommy is coming !
God Bless-
Julie