Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New design set ~ and ~ No news yet

Well, as everyone can see I am a very lucky girl with very sweet friends who have encouraged, inspired, and totally redesigned my blog. My adoptive mom friends all have beautiful blogs and I am constantly asking "how did you do that" and they have all been very patient with the 'how to' answers, but...the time finally came when I just had to admit that I really don't know how (they know I am totally computer challenged), or have time to learn right now as I prepare to leave for Guatemala to pick up Miss Emily Belle. So, what you see is a beautiful custom design from my sweet west coast friend, who never stops giving of herself. I want to say a special THANK YOU to her for doing this, I was so thrilled so see something so pretty with my name on it! (I really do appreciate you taking the time to do this for me!) My east coast friend cast the final vote on colors (thank you for toning me down) and now our 'very blessed to have each other group' will no longer have to endure the shame of their pal having a boring, brown blog! haha I am in the grove now!! I want to learn all of this as soon as I can, and I am sure they will teach me once I am home and settled with the Guatemalan Princessesa! Leslie wondered if the words 'Up Hill' could be added to the 'Journey with Betsy' title, which is how he feels most days I think! lol, and I am thankful she left the word 'Barnyard' off her design even though that's probably an accurate depiction of life around here!!(another lol) So, I will take on their pledge of trying to post at least once a week now. I am not sure if my duties will allow that much 'Betsy Time', but I'm going to try!

As far as that little Guatemalan Princess goes....there is no news yet. We are waiting to hear that she has a new birth certificate with our last name on it, and that her 2nd DNA test has been done. We hoped to travel during the month of October, but with each passing day, it seems like that is not going to be possible now. I know the timing of her pick up is not in my control and will trust that our Heavenly Father has His hand on her as she waits. I hope in some way He is preparing her little heart for an easy transition from her foster family to us. She has a feisty spirit, and from what I can see, she's a perfect personality match for this busy household! There is still so much to do before she arrives, so we are keeping very busy in the 'baby-prep' mode around here! I'll keep everyone posted as soon as we hear any more good news or anything about when we can travel to Guatemala for her pick up trip. Please continue to keep our family in your thoughts and prayers as we prepare for this special baby girl to arrive home soon.

6 comments:

Mama Bunny said...

Oh my Betsy, you have got such a pretty blog. Your designer must be a very talented person... hehehe!!! Not everyone can get a Shana R original!!!

Shana said...

Ha ha ha Ashley! Okay, so which part of what news is there none of yet today? I mean, we need some NEWS!!!

Alright, I'll be callin' you guys soon here- M is out of town this morning- woo hoo!!! Me and my phone can have a rendezvous!!!

Love you!
Shana

Andrea W. said...

LOVE the new blog! Shana and Ashley did a great job helping you design it! Hopefully you can post pictures of Emily Belle IN Guatemala with her BFFs Anna Rose and Madeline...soon!

Carrigan Family said...

Okay - I am jealous - can I get a "hook up" for our blog? :) Praying for your sweet girl - you know God is preparing her little spirit for her incredible family. Love you guys! Ryan's in for chemo - keep him in your prayers - I know you already do. Mary Lee

Laura said...

Betsy,
Great new look :)
I know how you feel... but keep busy and hang in there!!! We will see our girls home soon enough!

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Love the new Look !
God Bless-
Julie