




OK, we finally made it to the VISA day!! That is the one thing I have to have to bring Miss Emily Belle back into America with me!! We got the passport and now we need the visa. I was expecting it to arrive at the hotel around 4:00pm and THANK YOU LORD, it was there!! Sweet Sonia brought it right to us, right on time! It was just beautiful to look at!! Just a piece of paper and some stamps glued to the passport, but beautiful to see! I was so thankful to have Sonia do all the leg work for us in Guatemala. She was great!!
Jill spent the day at the pool again and Emily Belle was happy to help her friend Anna count the planes going over head and point at the big black birds trying to sneak a bite of baby food! We were probably the happiest that day, because we knew this process was almost over! It was also sort of a sad day for me. I learned a lot of information about Guatemalan adoptions that day, some of it good and some of it very sad news indeed. After several meetings and phone calls late in the day, I knew it would be the last day for me to soak up the culture of my new and beloved daughter. Now there would be no need for me to remain in Guatemala even a day longer. We would return home in the morning for sure. Leslie was happpy to hear from me and know he would get to meet his new little girl for the first time in just a few hours!

1 comment:
What a special day for you ! I absolutley love Emily Belle's hair in these pictures... her little flip is just too cute !
God Bless-
Julie
Post a Comment