Monday, November 12, 2007

We went to the Zoo!






Well, like any tourist, we had to hit the zoo. Even though Emily Belle slept right through most of it, Jill and I found it quite interesting. Although the animals were in very sad conditions, and I couldn't help but wonder what my hero,and the beloved friend to the animals - Steve Irwin would do about this place, we were still glad we went. We got to spend time with friends, the Websters, and really take in the family culture of a lazy Sunday afternoon in Guatemala City. We didn't get to photograph many of the people, as they do not find favor with having pictures taken of them or their children, but we did get to see a lot of the diversity within the beautiful Guatemalan people. Emily Belle had only been with us for a few hours, and I honestly think she was looking around to see if she could find her foster family..anywhere, but she still enjoyed all the animals and voices of the people. We saw lots of color and lots of smiles...they are a very happy group, especially when families gather for a picnic at the zoo. If you go, and decide to rest on a bench with a tree over it...you should be ready to be pooped on or take a head cover!! They have some BIG birds in GT!!

2 comments:

Mama Bunny said...

Jolene wants pictures of the Embassy dress.

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Gavin and I visited the Zoo too... I must say I was quite impressed. I see you enjoyed the day as well and I love Jill's view... very unique !
God Bless-
Julie