Tuesday, February 26, 2008

First moments together ~





...I had the honor of receiving these very first photos of Mildred and her daughters just as she came out of the court room in Guatemala City yesterday morning! (phots from the cell phone of a trusted friend) She has not seen her daughter Maria Fernanda in almost a year and a half and she has NEVER seen her baby, Ana Cristina! I also had the privilege of being on the phone with a trusted friend who was there in the court and let me hear the happy voices and sobs of joy of Mildred and her family as she carried her two girls in arms for the very first time. What you see in these photos is a very thankful and blessed mother to see her girls again! She is a brave and courageous woman who, (just like me,) has never stopped looking for her girls. I am not calling myself brave or courageous, I am simply the 'other mother', who wanted to adopt these girls and knew after accepting the referral of Maria, that she would some how be with me forever. Totally unaware of Mildred's search, I knew I could not stop trying to locate Maria Fernanda! From so far away, this one tiny child has taught me so much about love, devotion, patience, awareness of evil, perseverance, and most importantly, purpose! I have also learned that doing the right thing is not always easy or with out fear. My faith in God and His goodness, protection, and grace has been the basis of my actions! I have relied on strength only given to me by my Heavenly Father and the unconditional love and support of my husband and family.
Today my prayers take a different tone. Gratitude for the protection of these two precious girls and now for continued strength and wisdom for this mom who has to rebuild her relationship with her children. I pray they will soon learn to love and trust her and know that they are finally HOME!

No comments: