...-I spoke with a trusted friend in Guatemala this afternoon. She had no idea 6 weeks ago how God would also use her to help Mildred, and I didn't know I'd have the pleasure of knowing her. I call her angel, because I think God mounted wings on her shoulders one morning with out her even knowing it, and by the afternoon, she helped bring the beginning of these recent events together with her wonderful translations between Mildred's Spanish and my English. She won't be in Guatemala for very much longer, but she can keep us in touch as long as she's there and will help through email after she leaves.
She told me she had spoken to Mildred today and the girls are doing well. She said that Maria seeing her siblings again, (a brother, who is 5, and a sister, now 10) was absolutely beautiful...she ran to them and called them by name. She remembered! The baby, Ana Cristina, is also doing OK. She has had to adjust to quite a lot this week, but has been very active and in to everything. Mildred said she's quite the little adventurer! Mildred has a job and is close to her sister. They help support each other. She may still need some help with 4 children to care for, and we are checking on the best way to lend her support through this time of change. If anyone feels lead to help with a donation for Mildred, please let us know. We should have something in place for her soon.
On a sad note,and something to cover in prayer, Maria has cried a lot to her mother about her treatment in the orphanage. I can only imagine what this little girl has endured with no one there who cares about her or anyone to protect her. She has had no voice or choice for more than a year and a half. I do have details that make me sick, but will not post them here. This breaks my heart, and is exactly what I was so afraid of, and part of the reason I have not stopped in my efforts to find her! More human debris hurting children! SO many people responsible for what has happened to this child! The ones who took her from her mother,the ones who were involved with her adoption, the ones who knew where she was, yet said nothing, they ones who didn't answer the never ending questions of both her mother, and myself,...THE hands that hurt this child...there are SO many people who should have heavy hearts today, but they don't. And, I expect they won't fully realize the impact of what they have done until they learn that the value of a child, lies not in the fees on it's head! The value of a child lies only in a heart of love...and these pathetic people don't have that!
There is also evidence of someone trying to alter her looks, which was very upsetting to Maria. But that beautiful face would shine through any darkness, and I certainly hope these horrific memories will fade from her young mind,and very soon will be replaced with the frolic of joy and curiosity, (I KNOW) 3 year old's just have! More than anything, I hope she'll find comfort in just being home with her family, and she will feel safe,and happy, and will be able to share some tender moments in the arms of her mom. As the mother of a 3 year old, I know that's what they want more than anything.
hugs to all of you,
thanks for checking in,
Betsy
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I will certainly be praying for Mildred and her family!!
God be with them!
Debbie
I am thrilled beyong words the girls are doing well... continued prayer for their little hearts.
God Bless-
Julie
Post a Comment