Burton had the misfortune of an accident on the slopes yesterday! He was to high and to fast on a jump he's done many times before, but this time he hit hard! He subsequently spent several hours getting to know the wonderful staff at Inter Mountain Hospital,LDS! The ER Doctor says surgery is a must with in the week! Several bones are broken,(not fractured) and his wrist will need pins and plates to hold it in place. We are just sick about this of course, but glad it was his wrist and not his neck! He had planned to ski one more day and start the drive home on Saturday anyway, so this will just put him on the road and off the slopes one day early,(which is fine with me.)
Please keep him in your prayers as he makes his (very long) way home. We are thankful for his roommate John, who was already in Park City to make the drive with him this week end. We hope they will be safe and out of bad weather as they head towards Nashville, and pray Burt will not be in to much pain. I'll post some 'on the road' updates as I get them. One last thing, we are ever thankful for Wendy, Burt's mom away from mom in Utah! I know he hates to say goodbye to her today. She has been an absolute Godsend to him and our family.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hope they have a safe drive home, and Burt can get the medical attention he needs ASAP! I know you will make sure of that :)
xoxo
Wow I will be praying for him!!! That is hurting a lot I'm sure and will traveling too!!! poor guy!!!
Debbie
Oh No ! I will be praying as Burt journey's home where his Mama can take care of him !
God Bless-
Julie
Post a Comment