Saturday, March 15, 2008

Burton ~ Recovery ~ Update






Well, all went as planned last week with Burt's surgery on his very broken wrist! It has been completely repaired by one of the best hand surgeons in our area, and he is now on the road to recovery. I'll have to say, the last few days have been pretty much hell for him. This is a very painful thing to endure. He has been more than uncomfortable most of the time,...day and night! The pain meds are helping as much as they can, but that comes with a price. We are now officially OUT of ice! In fact this county is OUT of ice! We've tried to help him keep it packed and covered well, but that is just not easy. He is ready to recover and get his life back! That will include a 'quick' trip back to Utah to get is things and his car (with his dad this time). His Utah mother, Wendy, has been an angel about letting everything stay put until Burton is on his feet again. He misses the mountains and the cold...keeps telling us our house is HOT!! This has all been a very abrupt, an unexpected change for him. It was planned as a smooth transition from the beautiful Wasatch Mountains back to home, school and work. Now, I'm afraid the constant noise and action of our house hold has been a little tough for convalescing. That's OK, he's glad he went, and we are all glad he's home now! By the way, between the "Mom, I'm miserable..." statements I have heard mention of the words 'motorcycle',. When I asked him..."What did you say?", he said..."I'm hoping to play a lot of golf this summer!"...but you can clearly see what he's watching on TV...YEP, those are dirt bikes! Ugh!! haha!
(one of the pics you see is the exact feature Burt hit too fast, and too high, then too hard on the landing, which is why we are, where we are tonight! The photo was taken by Jake Reedy and that is Jose Estrada riding the board. Also, those beautiful mountains are well captured by Jennifer Strous's photo.)

2 comments:

Mama Bunny said...

might just be me, but i'm looking at him and thinking "that was a bad idea" :)

Debbie said...

I am glad for the update on him!! I am praying for a full recovery!! I know a kid that has broken his wrist twice on motorcross bikes and still races!! I know I know, CRAZY!!!

Debbie