Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hannah's Hopes for the Toy Sporting Dogs







A few weeks ago, Hannah had the chance to go to a dog agility course and 'give it a try' with a couple of little pro's who knew the ropes. A very sweet friend met us at a local course and let Hannah spend time with her darling and well trained Brussels Griffon's, Stella and Bruge.(Thank you Jan!) Hannah was pretty timid at first, but she really liked learning the course with these two. We hope that at least one of the THREE who now live with us, might be a prospect for learning to do this fun 'dog sport'. There is no doubt that Hannah and the dogs have a lot to learn. I expect this will take a long time, a lot of classes, and hours of practice each week. But,at least the training time will keep Hannah very busy, and the pups out of 'dog trouble'.

We hope to have Hannah and at least one of the dogs in training with in a few months. None of this can start until our girls recover from the trauma of being incarcerated in a horrible puppy mill. They are doing well this week and seem to be a lot more comfortable with our human touch. We are still having some food issues and sleeping is not what they have in mind at night. But, over all, they are adjusting to the 'good life' of very loved dogs. Sophie is pictured here in Hannah's arms. She seems to have the most 'agility ability', but is having a more difficult time adjusting to normal dog life. Sadly, we see aggression in her and tons more worry about what every hour brings. I hope in time, she will realize, that we just want to help her, and would never put her in harms way again.

1 comment:

Mama Bunny said...

I know I tell you this everytime but I just loveeeeeee Hannah's long black hair.

I'm so excited for her to do this. :)