

.jpg)
I was recently able to send gifts to Mildred, and her children, due to the kindness of another adoptive mom. (and I can never thank her enough!) She was going to Guatemala to receive her daughter, and agreed to take some packages for me. I am very thankful for this total act of kindness. If it wasn't enough to drag along the extra stuff...I know the logistics of moving gifts around Guatemala was a headache on it's own. Even with caring for her new baby, dealing with many phone calls, and a very tardy taxi driver, my friend was persistent and patient, and for that I am very grateful!!
The gifts have now reached Mildred and I received a very kind email from her thanking me for this attention. She has 4 children at home now, under 10 years old. She knows this is a huge job ahead of her to raise them alone and provide for their needs. Mildred has a strong spirit and enough love to sustain them all. She has already shown incredible amounts of strength and perseverance in her search for her daughters and dealing with the sad crimes against them. I have no doubt she will raise them to the very best of her ability. I hope she will teach them....that to heal and grow, one must forgive. I think these little girls will grow up to make a difference in Guatemala. They represent the strength, hope, and loyalty of the people there, and will move beyond the past.
We all enjoyed finding gifts for each of the children, and we put some special things for Mildred in the box as well. This was an emotional shopping trip for me, but it was very healing in so many ways. I especially loved being able to send a beautiful doll to sweet Maria Fernanda, with a dress and bows that she will look darling in. (I cried as I paid for them, wishing I could be the one to give them to her. Even the sales ladies were in tears after I told them why I needed this doll and dress. Maria's story has touched many people.) She is such a special little princess. I don't care if she drags her doll through the mud or wears her dress until it tears, I just wanted her to feel special, and know that we love her. We wanted all the children to enjoy some books and toys and know how much we care about their family.
We hope to be able to send Mildred more support and gifts in the future as we are able. Anyone interested in helping Mildred, Maria, and Ana, please let us know. I would challenge any agencies who have humanitarian funds, (I think ours did...) and generous hearts....to make a donation to this most deserving mother... this is truly a family who would be thankful for help. They deserve a 2nd chance together, and we are SO glad they have that now! You can email me for info on how to help Mildred.
I also need to say another thank you here...,if it were not for the unconditional kindness,(by being a brave detective) shown to me by another adoptive mom in Guatemala picking up her son last spring, I would have never had this opportunity to find this precious child, and help Mildred find her daughters. This mom and several others, have shown me so much love and support, and given me courage to keep searching for this child through out this last,very difficult, year. The strength I have found in your friendships is priceless. The healing that has come to my heart now that Maria and Ana are out of harms way, and safely with their mother once again, is truly a gift to my heart. It is my continued hope that those responsible for what happened to this family, will be called to justice! It is important for the protection of children and the healing of hearts and lives!
Also, Thank you to my dear husband, my children, my parents, and sister, who somehow, have always understood how Maria Fernanda has touched our lives and now we have all seen...why!
God reveals Himself in ways He chooses, and only when our hearts are open for us to see, and seek His face!
Betsy

2 comments:
That is so awesome that you got to send them gifts!!! How great is that!!! God is good huh?
God bless!
Debbie
IT'S UNBELIAVABLE HOW SHE WENT THROUGH ALL OF THAT...TO BE HONEST WITH YOU I FOUND THIS PAGE BECAUSE I HAVE THE SAME NAME AS HER MY NAME IS MILDRED DONIS AS WELL....I WISH I COULD HELP SOMEHOW BUT I DONT KNOW HOW....WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS SO GREAT AND IF THERE WHERE MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN THIS WORLD THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE.....GOD BLESS YOU-BY MILDRED DONIS
Post a Comment