

JILL IS HOME!! We hope it is not too soon. We are nervous and we are watching her VERY closely for any changes almost hour by hour! We are in phone contact with the trauma clinic at Vanderbilt if we have even one tiny concern over her. She is having a lot of anxiety and worried about her breathing, pain, and nausea. She has NO strength, and we have not seen her big smile in days, but hope it will soon return! But at least she is HOME and we are thanking God today!
Leslie and I want to sincerely THANK everyone who has been lifting our precious Jill up in prayers, and sending positive thoughts and energy her way. THANK you for the food, and phone calls, (both to us and from us...just to let me cry), and visits, and verses on 3x5 cards that have been my mainstay!, and cheerful colored cookies and balloons for her room, and offers of help in SO many ways that a family like ours really needs. We just can't thank you all enough.
I stayed with her Tuesday afternoon and night, (she voted Leslie OFF the Island, and complained about his care level during the night...telling me he was just to old to take care of her!! lol---we were SO glad to see some humor in her spirit). Wednesday, she had a good morning. She looked so much better and her labs and stats were right where the Dr's wanted them to be. (thank God)
They began to process to get her off the morphine pump, and on to oral meds to handle severe the pain she is in. I have never seen anyone endure so much horrible pain. These are some really nasty injuries to her belly that just need to heal, and heal , and heal in her little body.
By late afternoon, they had her pain under control and the nausea (that has been almost non-stop), was not nearly as bad. She felt a little hungry (for the first time), and wanted to get a shower. The bath and a few bites of familiar food were really more than she was ready for, but she said it made her feel like she could get well now. (thank God) I hate seeing her this way! I just hate it!
The Dr's were in several times re-checking her and then said she can GO HOME if she stayed the same all day!! And she did!! I wiped a thousand tears from my face as I drove back up the interstate last night, with her hand in mine,...because I KNEW how very, very blessed I was to make this trip home with Jill alive, and recovering! VERY BLESSED!!
She is no doubt still in very bad shape. She feels horrible, she can't even talk because it just zaps her energy and hurts her tummy. She can walk a bit better, but not with out help of course. Any movement what so ever is torture for her at this point. But...we also need her to move those muscles and air through her lungs as much as she can now. Her body has been perfectly still for 4 days and that can increase her risk of forming a blood clot or developing an infection. With two organs bleeding for several days, she has a lot of blood pooled in her belly that needs to be re-absorbed into her body and that just takes time. Please pray that her liver will begin to form those fragile new tissues that it needs to rebuild itself, stop all the bleeding, and totally heal. Her liver was badly damaged and we need it to function properly for the rest of her life!
God has certainly reminded us that HE is in control and that He has a purpose for Jill's life on this earth and that HE loves her and CAN heal and protect her! HIS MERCY AND GOODNESS ARE EVERLASTING, AND EVER PRESENT IN OUR LIVES! Our faith as parents, and a family, has been increased in such an unexpected way. We have been SO appreciative of the LOVE and out pouring of support and total kindness shown to our family by ALL of you. I have no words to tell you how much it means...there just aren't any that would cover it--- We just love you all, we are so grateful for you, each of you!
Jill's recovery is going to be very slow, and it will probably take at least 6 months before she feels good again. We don't want to rush it, but she had a miracle turn around in 4 days instead of 8, or longer as we expected from the first information they gave us on her arrival condition in the trauma unit. So, I think this kid just may have the spirit, will and strength to heal and regain her vitality in a shorter time. But, I don't care if it takes her years!! at least she is HERE with us and we can all help her as she needs us every day from now on!! I am SO thankful for this! Just SO THANKFUL for this!
more on Jillian later on - we are asking to delay visits to Jill for a week or so -- she just needs to be quiet and it wears her out to make the effort to talk to people or smile much right now -- when she feels like it, she can make some calls, although her phone was lost in the accident and she may not have every ones' phone numbers now....we'll be in touch!
Leslie and I want to sincerely THANK everyone who has been lifting our precious Jill up in prayers, and sending positive thoughts and energy her way. THANK you for the food, and phone calls, (both to us and from us...just to let me cry), and visits, and verses on 3x5 cards that have been my mainstay!, and cheerful colored cookies and balloons for her room, and offers of help in SO many ways that a family like ours really needs. We just can't thank you all enough.
I stayed with her Tuesday afternoon and night, (she voted Leslie OFF the Island, and complained about his care level during the night...telling me he was just to old to take care of her!! lol---we were SO glad to see some humor in her spirit). Wednesday, she had a good morning. She looked so much better and her labs and stats were right where the Dr's wanted them to be. (thank God)
They began to process to get her off the morphine pump, and on to oral meds to handle severe the pain she is in. I have never seen anyone endure so much horrible pain. These are some really nasty injuries to her belly that just need to heal, and heal , and heal in her little body.
By late afternoon, they had her pain under control and the nausea (that has been almost non-stop), was not nearly as bad. She felt a little hungry (for the first time), and wanted to get a shower. The bath and a few bites of familiar food were really more than she was ready for, but she said it made her feel like she could get well now. (thank God) I hate seeing her this way! I just hate it!
The Dr's were in several times re-checking her and then said she can GO HOME if she stayed the same all day!! And she did!! I wiped a thousand tears from my face as I drove back up the interstate last night, with her hand in mine,...because I KNEW how very, very blessed I was to make this trip home with Jill alive, and recovering! VERY BLESSED!!
She is no doubt still in very bad shape. She feels horrible, she can't even talk because it just zaps her energy and hurts her tummy. She can walk a bit better, but not with out help of course. Any movement what so ever is torture for her at this point. But...we also need her to move those muscles and air through her lungs as much as she can now. Her body has been perfectly still for 4 days and that can increase her risk of forming a blood clot or developing an infection. With two organs bleeding for several days, she has a lot of blood pooled in her belly that needs to be re-absorbed into her body and that just takes time. Please pray that her liver will begin to form those fragile new tissues that it needs to rebuild itself, stop all the bleeding, and totally heal. Her liver was badly damaged and we need it to function properly for the rest of her life!
God has certainly reminded us that HE is in control and that He has a purpose for Jill's life on this earth and that HE loves her and CAN heal and protect her! HIS MERCY AND GOODNESS ARE EVERLASTING, AND EVER PRESENT IN OUR LIVES! Our faith as parents, and a family, has been increased in such an unexpected way. We have been SO appreciative of the LOVE and out pouring of support and total kindness shown to our family by ALL of you. I have no words to tell you how much it means...there just aren't any that would cover it--- We just love you all, we are so grateful for you, each of you!
Jill's recovery is going to be very slow, and it will probably take at least 6 months before she feels good again. We don't want to rush it, but she had a miracle turn around in 4 days instead of 8, or longer as we expected from the first information they gave us on her arrival condition in the trauma unit. So, I think this kid just may have the spirit, will and strength to heal and regain her vitality in a shorter time. But, I don't care if it takes her years!! at least she is HERE with us and we can all help her as she needs us every day from now on!! I am SO thankful for this! Just SO THANKFUL for this!
more on Jillian later on - we are asking to delay visits to Jill for a week or so -- she just needs to be quiet and it wears her out to make the effort to talk to people or smile much right now -- when she feels like it, she can make some calls, although her phone was lost in the accident and she may not have every ones' phone numbers now....we'll be in touch!

3 comments:
Praise Jesus - Betsy, I hope you know to call if you need ANYTHING!!! Jill - we are so thankful you are home and our praying will continue - Ryan and Addie are two of the most of incredible prayer warriors I have ever known - when momma says we must stop and pray now, they don't hesitate - they have seen the power of prayer in so many ways in their short little lives - I hope they never ever lose it! It is an honor and a blessing to pray for you precious girl - we don't take it lightly!!! Betsy - Rob says if you need a little respite - to call!!! Remember - I'm a nurse and a momma :) - he said he will loan me out to you - he holds the fort down better than me most of the time :). We love you guys!!!
Betsy,
I have been praying for Jill and your family since I heard about the accident. I am so happy to see she is home where she belongs. Your love and faith will guide her through to healing.
Love you,
Frances
Betsy, Les, Jillian and siblings...
I kept watching for emails from you Betsy, forgetting to check your blog, but I did today.
You really captured the emotion of what all of you are going through, Betsy. It brings me to tears to think of the suffering that Jillian is dealing with. It seems crazy that the hospital releases patients so soon after trauma of this nature.
I am so happy to know that Jillian's condition has improved so much so soon! I am overwhelmed with emotion when I think about God's grace and the blessings you have all received in the past days!
We continue to pray for your comfort & healing Jillian!!!
Lesley, Mike and Daphne
Post a Comment