Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wendesday's Child


This picture of Jill pretty well shows how she feels right now ~
A BIT BLURRED

Just to keep everyone up to date, Jillian spent over 5 hours at Vanderbilt yesterday for a good evaluation and some more labs. We really like her trauma doc. and he thinks she looks pretty good! She has a very long road to a full recovery, but at least we know she is headed in the right direction. (thank goodness!) It was a long day and she was exhausted by the time we got home, but I think it helped all of us to hear him say she was doing OK! He did remind her that she had a serious injury that could have taken her life. He said a lot of people would have died from such a severe liver laceration. But she had youth and health on her side, along with life saving medical attention in a reasonable amount of time. (another, thank goodness!) We will see him again every few weeks until she is well and released from trauma care.

She's had a pretty hard day today. We are trying to adjust her meds so she is not just SO out of it all the time. She has been really tired today and in a lot of pain. We are finding it hard to back off the meds, but she still wants to try. We'll see how the next few days go...

My mom has been here for long enough to really help me with the house and Jill's care. Today I left the house with the other kids for several hours. We went shopping, got hair cuts, enjoyed some KrispyKreme's, and stuff like that. I have not left Jill in 10 days, so it was nice to get out for a while and know that she was well looked after. I am going to hate to see my mother leave tomorrow, that is for sure! I am so glad she came to help her Jillie.

So that is the update - she is doing as well as we could ever hope for at this point. She has a long way to go, and she still needs to feel better, but we know that will come in time. I'll post on Jill again in a few days or a week, just to keep everyone 'in the know'. We thank you all again for your love and support for Jill and our family during these tough days of unexpected worry over our sweet girl. We continue to rejoice and praise our Heavenly Father for her protection and progress. We are a very thankful family these days!

hugs to all of you,
Betsy

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow Betsy, I am so behind with all that has gone on here!! I WIll be praying for Jill!! And you!!

God bless!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hello!

You probably don't remember me, but I'm a friend of Lee and Jill's from Aaron Academy. I just wanted to let you know that my family and I have been praying for Jill and your family since the accident. My thoughts and prayers have been with you since!

Calah