Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jill update - she's jumping back into life!














Jill with a friend at school

Jill gets to swim again!! -



Another good report on Jillian... she is doing pretty
good. She is still trying to get her strength back, and gets tired easily. Her Dr. has given her permission to start slowly resuming her life and says he understands a girl can't just lay around on her sofa watching cooking and travel shows forever. He is still very pleased with her progress and reminds us what a miracle she is! Nobody needs to remind me! I have always known Jill is a miracle!

She has started back to school at a local private school and has really enjoyed making new friends and seeing some old ones. She only goes for 1-3 hours each day and things are going well with her classes. Matt, Hannah, Emily and I have enjoyed spending time at an area park while Jill is in class. She is also back to seeing friends at ballgames and parties. She's had several friends turn 'sweet 16' in the past few months. I know all those parents worry over their new drivers, just we did. We just pray for safety for all of them.

It seems that our family has been under attack lately and faced judgement and criticism for several things since Jill's unfortunate accident. We hope friends will understand why we didn't allow but two very short visits for Jill in that first month home. We are pretty sure any responsible parent would have made the same choices for their child during such a horrific , hour by difficult hour, round the clock, recovery. We appreciate the friends that did bring us meals. You will NEVER know what a God send those were! We were thankful for a quick drop off and no expectations of staying for a party... Jill's recovery has been very difficult and she has been closely supervised with her health in mind. NO ONE ON THIS PLANET will ever really know what this child has gone through but her family. I will leave out the difficult details, but trust me, NO ONE would ever want to see their loved one go through this type of event, or be judged for how they handled it. We don't comprehend the unkind words from familiar families, but... what ever!! It's not my job to keep the entire world happy and full of answers. I am only accountable to God, and I'm in good shape there! And, I am very thankful for good friends and kind family who would never judge me or my children. I guess it is true what they say, when you get into a crisis, people show their true colors. Let me tell you, there has been a rainbow over my house!! I'm not complaining.... rainbows are a sign of the promises God has given us...as I have said before, we are BLESSED.

4 comments:

Carrigan Family said...

Jill looks soooo good - we are still praying. And you know - I'm just sitting here shaking my head - those who judge how you handle have never faced anything such as this - I can pretty much guarantee it!!!!!! I just have to chalk it up to that they are just "ignorant" - not to be rude, just how I see it. The amazing thing to me is that many of our friends we were closest to and that I thought would weather any storm with us are the ones who bailed out fairly quickly - but He is faithful - I love how He brought such amazing people who didn't even really know us before Ryan's diagnosis to jump into the trenches and battle this war with us. I'm sorry you've had to deal with any of that - but, you got the right idea - just can't worry about it. I'm so thankful Jill is doing good - we won't stop praying for your precious family - we love you guys so much.

Mary Lee

Mama Bunny said...

Well Betsy, that sure is sad that anyone would be cruel (and SELFISH) at such a critical point in each of your lives (esp Jills).

You did what was best for your family, and Jills health - that is all that matters at the end of the day.

jobravo said...

Oh Sweet Betsy.... I am sorry others are judging you because of your decisions regarding Jill. You are an amazing woman and your children are so blessed to have a Mom like you. You endured so much with Jill's accident and I am glad to see she is getting back to her old self again.
Jolene
P.S. Love the playlist!!

Debbie said...

Betsy, I am so glad to hear that Jill is doing better!! Don't worry about what other people say!! You have to do what is best for your household!!

God bless!
Debbie