


It has been a while ~ Burton update -
Burton is doing great and has had a busy summer with racing motocross at the top of his list! You may remember that picture with his arm in a cast from the surgery, while he was watching races on TV, and telling me he would be out there soon, (...and I hoped NOT!) But, he was!! and has been through two bikes and traveled to several races this summer. I have no pics of the races because I just could not take the Guatemalan princess to a noisy, dusty track only to endure heat and ultra high levels of testosterone! Leslie, Matt and Jack went a few times and didn't mind the early drives or track elements. I sent my camera with instructions for blog pics, but they returned empty handed, stating that 'Burt was going too fast to take a picture'! Hmmm, I should have just asked Matthew to 'use the camera for Mommy'! Burton had a few spills, which made Leslie and I worry a lot over that arm and shoulder of his. All he worried about was his bike... but, he is 'no worse for the wear', and gained some good experience. A special titanium brace was fitted for the protection of his wrist action,... we don't ever want to see him go through that surgery again! His finishes got better and better over the summer, and he has hopes of even placing higher next spring. The bike has been sold for the winter, but I expect there will be another one arriving at some point.
Thankfully, he has returned to school and seems to like his new place pretty well. I've heard something about a big screen TV, and a very cold air conditioner, so that makes renting with a roommate a lot easier. He likes all his classes, except for one, but he'll get through it despite the very liberal professor. He is enjoying the first few weeks of school during RUSH. The fraternities offer free food and fun, so what's not to like there? We just hope it's not too much fun! We're glad he likes football, but tailgating can be hazardous you know! He has transferred to a pharmacy in the university area and seems to like his new job. He also bought a truck, but has not enjoyed driving it as much as he thought he would, so I think he'll make an auto change soon. He works and lives within walking distance of his classes, and says all he needs is a bike. I think he's forgetting.... his mother wants to see him at least once a week!! He needs a car to do that!! I'm not very worried... he'll need his laundry done, and more food, so he'll show up!
We miss him terribly around here. After such a sad winter last year with him so far away in Utah, I never wanted to see him leave again. I have grown quite use to him being around here this summer and miss his loud TV, his music, and his complaints about my cats!! Everyday, I miss his smile and his hugs and I'd give anything to hear him playing his guitar late at night. I think the kids miss him a little bit as well. He is the best big brother, teaching Jack and Bo tricks on the x-box, and watching Sponge Bob with Matt and Emily. He always tries to make Hannah laugh, and never seems to mind driving Jill around when he can. He gets to see Lee a little bit, at school, but I think they mostly text! I'm glad they stay in touch. A few weeks ago, he took Jillian to a concert, (Underoath), after he told her the day of her accident, that if she'd get well, he would take her! He did, and she was thrilled. I love that he's protective over Lee and Jill and keeps up with them, even through words on a phone that I couldn't begin to decode! The closeness of my children and their connection to each other is priceless to me. We've all learned the gift of this family over the past two years or so, and as we've changed and grown, we can all clearly see that this family is just not replaceable!


No comments:
Post a Comment