yea!! Yes!! finally... a birthday gift to myself! (and courtesy of Leslie, thank you Leslie! ) I am off the Sony Cyber Shot, and on to a real 'big girl' DSLR (Nikon) camera!! My dream for a long time now!
I have owned two Cannon Rebels 35mm, and I loved them... I have great pics of my kids from the 80's and 90's. But... I guess the more kids there were to photograph, the less $ to keep up with the digital changes. No complaints here... I am very thankful to have these little Sony point and shoots... but!!! I wanted a serious camera!
Do I know how to use it?? Seriously, 'NO'! But I am spending every spare minute reading my books and trying new shots with adjustments that I can not even begin to grasp,... but I will.... I will 'get' this! It may take me a while,and everyone my have to put up with my trial and error pictures,... but I am VERY thankful to have this camera and start to learn it. I don't expect to be invited to any of the 'mamarazzi' web sites that I drool over, but I will have fun just trying to capture my world.
Of course, the very first day it arrived, Jillian grabbed it and headed outside! I love her shots though, and will post a bunch of them on here soon. My sweet friend Ashley also made some 'set up' changes for me and for Lee (who also got a real cam), and we REALLY appreciate her making sure things were correct for us to begin shooting, as beginners. I have plenty of (victims) subjects here to chose from. I 'have' noticed that Matt and Em seem to run away from me now... as soon as they hear me say "SMILE"... oh well... I'll catch them! lol
I love my camera! So much to learn though! so, so much!
betsy
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment