Monday, September 17, 2007

Hopes & Prayers for good news






Hi everyone,
Sorry we have not posted in a while. We kept thinking we would have some good news to share about Miss Emily Belle. But, so far September has been pretty much the same as every other month since December 06'...not much to share on her status. We are currently waiting for her case to exit the PGN courts in Guatemala City. Her file finally went into PGN on April 11th, sat there on the wrong desk for 7 weeks with no one checking this. We were thankfully able to receive the help of an angel for the children in Guatemala, and get her file to the right person around the end of May. But,there was a problem, and it was kicked out on June 15th due to a birth certificate issue that was an over sight by her attorney. That along with other negligent delays on her file since December, have cost her more than five months away from her family. Her corrected file went back into PGN on July 25th, and should be ready to exit this week or next, if all goes well. Of course the exit of her file from PGN will be wonderful, but will also start another round of waiting for things to happen, or should I say, people to do their jobs, so that she can be ready to leave Guatemala soon.
We are so sad to have to face the fact that she will not be home by her first birthday! This is so hard to believe in light of the fact that we were told her case should only take a few months, (4-6mos.) and that she should be home by the spring. Well, the spring has long passed and the summer to, now we holding out hopes for a fall arrival of Miss Em to this waiting, waiting household! No one really believes she's real or that she's really coming!! But,Ohhh to the contrary, she's quite real, I have held her in my arms and kissed her tiny face, heard her huge laugh, seen her smile. I have fed her and changed her and danced and sang with her! I have watched her play, then peacefully fall asleep beside me. She's real, and she's a beauty, a very happy baby girl. I just hope she remains safe and well with her foster mom who seems to love her and care for her just as her own. We are so thankful for this foster mom. So many of the children waiting in Guatemala are in orphanages, and some have endured less desirable foster homes and terrible situations. All are at the mercy of those who care for them, and those making these decisions in their lives. (there is no voice for the children there) We are so grateful for the good care Emily Belle is receiving. We hope it won't be too much longer before she can join our family here and say good bye to her family there. We know how much harder this will be for her now that she is almost a toddler. We are preparing to ease her transition in every way possible. We are praying for her little heart to remember me, and trust me. Please keep her in your prayers this week. Pray that we will get that call or email we've been waiting for...the one that says Emily Belle Emanuel is OUT of PGN!! I'll post as SOON as that happens! Three of the pictures on this post show the feeling I can't wait to have again, Emily Belle in my arms, having fun together! (that's Jolene and Layla in the pool with us) And, there are 2 of the day I had to endure the feelings I never, ever want again..having to leave her there in Guatemala. Truly a terrible day that was only survivable for me due to the total kindness and compassion shown to me my the two people you see with Emily Belle, Lloyd and Sally, (new and forever friends.) She loved Sally's smile (who was great at distracting her so I could enjoy a meal, and Lloyd's strong arms and gentle way. I mentioned them before, they absolutely saved my life, literally held me up and helped me keep my self together the morning I had to say good by to this sweet baby girl. They didn't have to do it, but they did. The entire Grove family lives in a very giving and unselfish manor. They love each other, but they love others as well in a most Christ like fashion. They do not judge and move to help when they see a need. Again, I will tell you, that I would have been completely lost with out them, and I am forever thankful for their love, attention and help.
hugs to all of you, Betsy ~ holding on to ~ Hebrews 11:1 "Now, faith is the substance of things HOPED for, the evidence of things not seen."

1 comment:

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

What a beautiful post... the thankfulness in your heart for the dear friends you have made and the love you have for your daughter shine through in your words. Betsy- I am praying for you and Miss Emily Belle... May you receive that OUT call you have longed for.. May your sweet daughter be in your arms dancing and singing again very soon !
God Bless~
Julie