Monday, April 7, 2008

Home at last


Well, I am very happy to report tonight that they made it home....all the way home from Park City, UT in just over 30 hours of driving time. They had a pretty easy day just making the miles between St. Louis and home. They arrived in late afternoon and we were all glad to see them and the car home in one piece! Burton came right in the door and made sure his laptop was in working order. Leslie wanted to take a nap, but was quickly assigned to yard duty for Matt and Emily. They expected him to be 'Mr. fun' but I think all they got was a few jumps on the trampoline and some rock collecting. I heard no complaints from the younger crew, who had really missed daddy!! Leslie made us a wonderful meal, (the first cooking the kids have had since last week) and we all enjoyed being together once again. Lee and all the kids helped me a lot with the house while they were gone, and we made room for all of 'Burton's stuff' to return to his room. Thanks you all for your prayers, God's hand was on them all the way, we are indeed, a thankful family tonight.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

YEAH THEY ARE HOME!!!!!!!!!!
This is good news!
Debbie

Mama Bunny said...

Waaaaaaahooooooooo!!!!!!
Glad they are HOME and not still driving some scary cliffs.
I'm cracking up over the fact they hadn't had a cooked meal and I am BETTING that they had chick-fil-a!

jobravo said...

Betsy,
I am so glad they made it home safely! You are such a wonder woman to handle the home and family while your husband is gone!
Jolene