
Trip update on Leslie and Burt -
They are still driving...that is about it for tonight. About an hour ago they were just heading in to Kansas City, MO. They were tired, but doing OK. They were going to try to make it closer to St. Louis before stopping. Once there, they can head south and 'turn for home', as they say in the Kentucky Derby! I think last night was like the derby for both of them. Leslie told me that a place called Rabbit Pass was almost his demise!! They were nearing the Continental Divide and he said the conditions were so bad with wet heavy snow and visibility of about 2 feet going through pass after pass with very winding and curving roads and at 11,000 ft....very nerve racking to say the least. Leslie even yielded the wheel to Burt after almost driving right into a 30ft snow drift and then off a cliff. He said they slipped and slid all the way through the night hours as they drove through the mountains, and headed towards Denver. Burt felt that he was more qualified to drive in those conditions since he's been doing it 24/7for the past 4 months...to my surprise, Leslie agreed, so I KNOW things were bad. They seem to still be getting along well enough (another surprise), and it sounds like they will make it home by mid afternoon on Monday. That is, if there are no problems with the car, which has done fine, yet another surprise! Please keep them in your continued prayers. I'll post as soon as they walk through my door so we can all get off our knees!! ps- photo of Leslie and Burton leaving, not looking so bad...we'll see how they look tomorrow, I'm sure those chipper faces will be long gone. I think this has been enough adventure to last both of them a while!

No comments:
Post a Comment