Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A no good very bad day for - Matt



Matthew had his tonsils and adenoids out today, needless to say, he's had better days than this one. He has cried a lot, but tried to be as brave as any 3yr. old can be. Over all, he has done really well, but we haven't made it through the first night yet! He'll have about 2 weeks of feeling pretty poorly, then we should turn the corner to a full recovery. He's been so sick with these silly tonsils, and he's missed a lot of fun things this year. We hope this summer will bring a much happier little man, who feels like playing all the time!! Our surgeon did a great job and I was thankful for such a kind and professional staff to care for him today. I may have cried even more than Matt this morning, it was really hard to let them just walk away with my sweet little boy! Leslie assured me this was the best thing to do, and we are glad he can begin to get better (without infection!) I'll post on his recovery progress as time allows. I have to guard the freezer...from all the other kids who are begging for Matt's Popsicles!! We might ALL have to break in to those treats before the night is over!! Please keep our little man in your prayers. We don't want to see him in so much pain, but well know what the next few days will bring.

2 comments:

Mama Bunny said...

Poor little honey, he does not look like the very lively sweetheart he is. I hope he feels better soon.

Oh and WAY TO GO MOM - double popsicles? Madeline would just KILL for one of those beauts.

Debbie said...

I hope last night went well!! And I hope he is better soon!! Poor baby!!

Debbie