






Keep my sweet Jillian in your prayers...she left on a mission trip to New Orleans and her safety is my worry for the next few days. She sent a text to Lee today saying things were going fine so far. They are working on houses in an area that is still in great need of restoration. Even 3 years later, there is so much to be done for the families who still want to return to their homes after the destruction from Hurricane Katrina. I know she'll be dirty, hot and tired when she gets back, but there is no better feeling, than to be able to make something happen for someone who can not accomplish the task alone. This will be easy for Jill, she lives everyday on a mission trip. There is always someone who needs something in a family like ours, and Jill is quick to step in. Even though the accommodations will be primitive, she'll enjoy a break from diaper duty and helping me with the little ones. She rarely complains and is the first to see my needs.
It seems things are very well organized on these trips of service, and who knows who, may be blessed by the smile of my sweet girl while she is there. I hope the goodness in her heart will shine through her face, and her deeds, as she helps others with her friends. I hope the parents on the trip will get plenty of rest and be able to keep eagle eyes on this crew of teens. New Orleans is not known for being a safe place to visit, but lets hope this group will stay out of harms way for the next few days. Please remember Jillian and the entire group, including the parents who are giving their time, and showing love to the people of New Orleans through this example of service.

3 comments:
Jill will be in our thoughts and prayers!!! Love you guys...Alicia
Oh Betsy - you know I'm just one BIG hormone right now :) - cried through Lee's, had a GREAT laugh over those incredible pics of you and Leslie (thank you!) - and just smiled all through Jill's. I will love praying for your girls - they are so special to me. Lee is a survior, like her momma - and Jill, well, that girl just has it "going on" - she always has :)! Oh how I wish life didn't have to hurt so much - but it is part of loving deeply - and we wouldn't give that gift up for anything! Love you, love you! Mary Lee
Oh Betsy - you know I'm just one BIG hormone right now :) - cried through Lee's, had a GREAT laugh over those incredible pics of you and Leslie (thank you!) - and just smiled all through Jill's. I will love praying for your girls - they are so special to me. Lee is a survior, like her momma - and Jill, well, that girl just has it "going on" - she always has :)! Oh how I wish life didn't have to hurt so much - but it is part of loving deeply - and we wouldn't give that gift up for anything! Love you, love you! Mary Lee
Post a Comment