Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Sunday Jill



Jillian had a pretty good day on Saturday. We were able to keep her pain and nausea under control, and she even enjoyed a short visit from a friend. But, that was yesterday!
Today has been terrible for her. She is in a lot of pain just about every where on her body. She has not been able to keep fluids down, and has had a very bad head-ache that just will not stop. We have spoken to a Dr. and made a few changes, and additions to her med schedule. We hope this will help her. This is very difficult to manage at home. I don't feel equipped to know if she is getting into trouble or not. I feel like I can't help her as much as I want to. We are just taking this recovery... and trying to manage her care, hour by hour... literally! I wish today had been like yesterday. She had a smile on her face for several hours. Today, she is just sleeping or crying. We need to see her eat and get some nourishment, but she just can't. We took her in the car for a short ride last night, and that was emotional and wore her out. It was too much after such a full day.
This week we may have her seen in the trauma clinic, and we will definitely keep her activities very low key. Any effort, is too much effort for her right now. I hate seeing her like this, but I will say again... how very, very thankful I am - to see her at all. Please keep us all in your prayers. We are not resting well, not feeling well, and wish so much this had never happened to our sweet girl Jill.

Sorry to make such a downer post. Just being honest here, and HOPE I can make a more positive, or happier post in a few days. THANK YOU for your continued prayers. We DO know how very blessed we are, compared to this time last Sunday afternoon when things for Jill were so uncertain and our future felt so grim. I'll gladly take trying to help her with nausea and pain this week, over last week. I am actually happy to crush up another Popsicle for my girl... I just wish she could enjoy it. Soon, soon!

hugs to all of you,
Betsy

1 comment:

susan richardson said...

Don't worry about writing a downer post. I'm glad to read about Jill's progress. I know she is tired in part because her body is working very hard to heal itself. All its energy is focused on healing internally. I don't blame you for having her reevaluated by the trauma team this week if you think it would bring all of you peace of mind. Write when you can. I know you are busy.

Susan,
Grant's mom